Sunday, November 23, 2008

Last Game

Yesterday was Hunter's last flag football game. They got to play at CHS's field with the turf, no getting muddy. The weather was better than last year, no rain. It was pretty cold. When I got in the car after the game it was 45 degrees. The fog was still hanging around even at 2pm. I couldn't keep the kids sitting still they wanted to be walking up and down the bleachers. I wanted to join them to get blood pumping through my body and warm up.Hunter handing off the ball to Zach.
Hunter handing off again. I think this was one of their plays that Hunter hands off to Zach. Then Zach hands off to Tanner and the usually getting a bunch of yards.


Another hand off.

Hunter and Tanner doing the fake. Hunter ran it in for a touchdown.

Handing off again.
Lincoln(Hunter's team) was up by one touchdown. Garfield scored. Tied, with 3 minutes to go!Lincoln moved the ball very well. Hunter ran the ball for a then ran the ball for the winning touchdown. His coach ran out to him on the field and picked him up. He was so excited. They didn't get the extra point. The team improved so much from the beginning of the season. It was so fun to see them not knowing how to play football to running plays, blocking for the guys with the ball and catching passes.


Hunter getting awards from his coaches. They were such great coaches. The coaches said they wanted to see the boys playing next year. The ones that are eligible. Hunter is the only 5 grader on the team so he is not able to play next year. since it is for 3-5 graders. He has been trying to talk me into letting him play tackle. The idea is warming on me. Hunter really loves football and is pretty good at it.

4 comments:

Becky said...

Way to go Hunter! We are leaning toward tackle for Matt next year too. I can't believe the boys are old enough!

The Six Sohn's said...

Chance says please oh please let him play tackle!!! It was alot of fun this year and it would be alot more fun with more of Chance's friends playing :) Chance says Hunter is a good at tackling :)

Alli said...

I love kids sports on Saturdays! Missed you clogging though - it was great :)

Foster said...

(Brad here)

Way to go, Hunter! You sure look sharp out there.

Regarding tackle football... I day go for it--especially if he wants too!