Wednesday, November 12, 2008

FHE

About 3 weeks ago Aaron was in charge of the lesson for Family Home Evening. He had been reading in the Ensign and article about strengthening our family. One part of the article jumped out to him, having family prayer and scripture study. The kids and I do this every morning, okay maybe not every Saturday and some Sundays. We haven't been able to do it with Aaron because he leaves so early to workout and head to work. I don't think the kids would be thrilled with getting up at 4:30am to read scriptures.

Last school year I couldn't call Aaron's cell phone while he was in Falls City because there was no coverage. His first day of work in August this summer amazingly there is now coverage. Aaron's plan to have family prayer and scripture study is we call him and do it over the cell phone. It doesn't cost a thing because we have Verizon. As a family we decided that if we could do it for 2 weeks straight we would go bowling.

Last Tuesday was 2 weeks and we were successful. There hasn't been a dramatic change in the family. No my kids are not angel all of the time, but it sure seems that I'm more patient and able to have more fun with them.

Since Aaron and the kids didn't have school on Monday we head to the MU to bowl. It's always so fun going there because Aaron worked there when we were dating and I think a little after we were married. Good memories.
Gavin on his second time up
Gretchen's first ball
She doesn't really like to watch what happens after the release.
Hunter after his first ball. It's a little different then the Wii.
Graham and Aaron waiting for their turn. When we first got there Graham headed straight down the alley. I'm sure that he wanted to just knock down those perfectly set pins.
Still waiting!
Finally, they're up
Graham really tried several time to chase the ball down the alley.Luckily Aaron's pretty quick and got him before he ran to far.
Everyone watching.
We had such a great time and headed to Dairy Queen afterwards. After I downloaded the pictures I realized I didn't get any pictures of Harrison. He had a great time and is still talking about it.

5 comments:

Julie said...

What a great idea about using the cell phone while reading scriptures in the morning! We've tried doing it in the evening as a family and it only lasts a couple of weeks. We're just too busy in the evening. I'm also not organized enough to make it work in the evening. The morning is a different matter. Thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

How fun! I want to go bowling at the MU. It looks much better than Highland Bowl where Daniel took me:)

Mama Nirvana said...

What a fun family activity. We love to bowl too! Glad you have gotten coverage out there. I've noticed it cuts off right about the Falls City turn off for me.

Amy

Becky said...

How fun!

Amy Sue said...

Looks like fun! I say we make another trip when we get there:) Maybe even head to Dream Pizza after??? What fun! Can't wait to see you guys!