Monday morning was an early mourning for us all. We had to leave at 7 a.m. for us to get to Doernbecher in time for Hunter's appointment. Which meant getting the other kids ready for school and off to friends, thanks Stephanie.
Hunter's appointment went well and was fairly quick, comparative. He had a chemo, Methetrexate in his back, and the same chemo in his port along with Vincristine. While Hunter got his back poke, Graham and I went to the playroom for some fun.
Tuesday Hunter went to school for a half day. He and I headed up in the afternoon for his study chemo drug,Aspergenase, which is a longer day. An hour to get the drug in his port and an hour wait to make sure there isn't a reaction. We didn't get home until 7:30 p.m. Thanks to Aaron's dad for getting the kids from school and Dawn for watching Graham once again. I'm so grateful for the help!
Hunter was so excited to head to school this morning. But once awake didn't feel up to going. He slept most of the day and kept asking and wondering why he was so tired. I reminded him that usually two days after chemo he gets this way and that his body is responding to the treatment. He is feeling better tonight and his hopeful to be heading to school in the morning. We don't have to head to Doernbecher until next Thursday. Grateful for the break.
I'm sure you noticed the bruises on his leg. Those are from the beginning of December when his platelets were low. They look so much better.
1 comment:
Glad to hear that everything went well with the Aspergenase. I was thinking about you with J.J.'s reaction that he had and hoping that it would go well. So great that he didn't have to get it as shots. Nice to see you and visit for a bit also. We continue to think about Hunter and wish him the best with everything. Take care.
Post a Comment