Sunday, December 20, 2009

Ice Skating

I'm way behind in the happenin' around here. It has been a crazy week and now the kids are out of school and the pj's are not quite done. I like to have them done before they get out of school. That way I can spend more time with them and not have to stay up late at night to sew so they don't see them. On with the happenings.
Last Friday we had our Ward Christmas Party. It had been cold and dry the whole week. I mean cold for this area. The high during the day was 35 degrees. It started to rain late in the afternoon. About 5:30 it started to drop below freezing. Thus freezing rain. On the way home from the Ward Christmas party it was slick. I think I didn't get above 15 mph. the whole way home. Saturday morning we woke up to glossy roads and driveways. Gavin ran our to the back yard and was sliding down the slide. It was so slick that he couldn't stand up at the bottom of the slide. He kept sliding on his bum even on the grass.
After Hunter ate breakfast he wanted to try sliding down the driveway. We don't own any sleds so he grabbed the lid of a tote. It didn't work so well. The kids liked sliding around more than anything.

The neighbors and the dogs decided to join the kids out front.

Can you see Graham's head in the bottom of the picture. He wanted to see what the kids were doing.


They had so much fun and then it started to rain and the ice melted away.

No comments: