Thursday, September 10, 2009

First Day of School

Gavin and Gretchen headed to school yesterday morning.

Gavin was very suprising to me. He got out of bed before I even went in there. He was dressed and ready for breakfast when he came into the kitchen. While I was upstairs doing something, Gavin made his lunch. He was so worried about being late. School starts at 8:10. He was worried at 7:20. I reassured him that we would have plenty of time. Hunter doesn't start school until 9am. I don't have to load up all the kids. Harrison and Graham stay home with Hunter.


Gretchen wasn't so excited for school. She did get all of her things done and was ready to go when it was time. Gretchen has a teacher that we don't know. She came from a different school. Gretchen said she is very strict and they only got one recess. Welcome to 4th grade!

Hunter was off to middle school. He was very excited for something new. His day was great and one of his friends locker is right next to his. Hunter has to help him open his locker. Those combinations are tricky. Only things that wasn't so good, he lost his calculator. Luckily it wasn't a super expense one. But couldn't he have lost some pens or pencils.
I think everyone is glad to have the first day behind them. They were all ready for today. Gretchen, Gavin and I rode bike to school. It is so much easier to ride without two extras to ride with.

5 comments:

christa said...

I can't believe Hunter is in middle school!

Mama Nirvana said...

Wow! Your kids are getting so big!

Amy

Tonya said...

No way is Hunter in middle school! Seems like just yesterday he was sitting on the rug in my classroom as a little one!!! Hope you enjoy middle school, Hunter! Sra. R. :)

Cami, you are amazing with these kids. Just the thought of packing up all those children and getting them to all of their places in tact makes my head spin...and you do it with grace and style!

Ditto Family said...

Alex would be SO jealous that Hunter doesn't start school until 9 am. Alex catches the bus at 7:21 am and then school starts at 7:50 am. He said the hardest thing about this year is that he is always so tired. I just went to the middle school open house and came home kind of scared myself. No more nice guys...everything is very structured and hard.

Glad everyone at your house survived!

Robin Hale said...

That's one good lookin' group of kids. Takes me back a few years! Those were the good ole' days. Best of luck to our sweet grandkids! Hope year will be one of the best! Love, Grandma