Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ouch!


Yesterday I was putting Graham's flip flops on and noticed that his big toe was swollen and red. I quickly called his pediatrician. We got in before quittin' time.

The doctor had to squeeze out so of the gunk that was at the tip of his toe. Of course he didn't appreciate that. The doctor noticed that on the sole of his foot it looked like Graham had stepped on some thing. That is what got infected. He slept so much better last night. And the redness is going away. I felt horrible for not catching it sooner.

I could tell that something was wrong because for a couple of days he has been clinging and would cry and little things. I kept asking if his tummy hurt. No. I checked his teeth. Nothing. I asked if he had any owies. Graham would point at little scratches that he had. Never once did he point at his toe or foot. We are all just glad that his is feeling better.

4 comments:

Alli said...

all those boys and boo boos - keeps a mother busy!

Amy Sue said...

OUCH is right! Poor Graham. I don't know that I would have thought to take him to the Doctor. Good Call.

Yeah for Harrison getting that Cast off!

I wish we could make a summer trip to see Gavin play baseball--he looks so cute!

Miss you.

Stacey said...

That picture of Graham is so cute! Welcome to the guilty mothers club. :)

bjarnason family said...

Poor guy! Why is it that kids can't tell you where the hurt is?