Sunday, April 13, 2008

What a Week!

Even though the kids only had two days of school this week, it sure was busy. We had Kindergarten Open House for Gavin. Can you believe he'll be starting school? I can't.
Gretch had her first Activity day. She was so nervous but had such a great time.

High School Musical-On Stage and Scouts for Hunter on the same night same time of course. Thank goodness for Dawn for getting Hunter to and from scouts. It helped Aaron be able to have time with the younger boys.

Student-led conferences(Parent-Teacher) at school. At Lincoln the kids are able to show us the things they have been working on. I love it.

I painted, with the help of Lydia, Hunter's room. Gretchen was able to talk with the primary president of our ward about the Faith in God program.

Dentist appointments the next day, bright and early. Their teeth are looking great. Then we took flowers to Dawn on her birthday.

Hunter had a violin practice for a teacher appreciation night. I started painting the boys room. It was a quick project, luckily. The kids of course all wanted to help.

Our Stake had our Women's Conference. Chieko Okasaki spoke to us. It was wonderful and I learned some more organizing ideas. I love to organize. The ending to this busy week was Gretchen's baptism. What a wonderful event. I'm so proud of the choice that she made to be baptized. We had our family and friend over afterwards for dinner. The weather was beautiful, sunny and in the 80's. What a way to finish out a week. This beautiful weather is making me so excited for summer. I know we still have some rainy weeks ahead, but am so glad we have these wonderful breaks between. Onward to hopefully a slower moving week.

10 comments:

emily a. said...

Wow, that is quite a week! Gretchen is such a cute girl. Will you post picture of what the boys rooms look like?

E said...

Congratulations Gretchen! We wish we could have been there. Hugs from E and Eric.

Ditto Family said...

What a memorable and wonderful week! Congrats Gretchen!!

christa said...

Wow, and I was complaining about my week! I can't even imagine when my kids start doing activities and going to school! Yay Gretchen, I didn't realize she was being baptized on Sat! Very exciting, women's conference was great!

Andrea said...

Thanks for your recent comment on my new blog. I love looking at your blog to catch up on your cute family! Gretchen and Aaron both look so happy in the baptism picture - I love it. The rooms look great too. I especially like the blue.

Alli said...

What a special week! Congratulations :)

kg said...

A great way to end the week!!

Amy Sue said...

So happy for Gretch. I miss home and being with all of you so much. Sounds like a busy yet wonderfully satisfiying week! Love you.

The Boys Club plus a girl! said...

I cannot believe Gretchen is 8!!!! That is amazing! Time sure does fly by, doesn't it? She's a beautiful girl! Like her mama! :-)

coree said...

The Youngbloods would like to congratulate Gretch too. That is such a wonderful feeling. We are so excited to see you all again this summer. Love Us