Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Break in the Rain,

Thank goodness for a break in the rain this afternoon. The kids and I were out with the Dezannis(our neighbors) riding bikes, scooters, playing ball, just having a wonderful time. Boy did we need some fresh air, or maybe I needed it.

Harrison is doing such a good job riding his bike. He was so against it previously. When he is riding he thinks he is going super fast, like the big kids. He really has grown up these last couple of months since his birthday. Harrison says the funniest things. On Sunday he was wearing a jacket like Daddies and had a little Book of Mormon with him. To say the least he was adorable. When he walked into nursery, Heather Velarde said he looked so handsome and just like a missionary. Harrison responded proudly, "No I look like my Dad!" He is also very good at contradicting himself. "I'm cold, but I am, but I'm not, but I am," is an example of something he would say. Harrison is at a very fun stage.

Have I mentioned how grateful I am that Hunter is the oldest? Well if not I am. He is such a great helper for me and his siblings. I never have to get on him about his homework, okay almost never. Star Wars, reading, playing any sport are some of his interests as of late. He loves to joke around. I wonder who he gets that from? I know at times I can be a bit more tough on him than the others. And he takes it pretty well. He understands that he is the example for his younger siblings. Countless times I have overheard Hunter apologizing to a sibling for talking mean or not be nice. This is all on his own. What a great kid!!

Gretchen is sure getting older. Every time she is in her room she has music on, mostly High School Musical 2. She is usually sing or dancing around the house. It's quite fun to hear her brothers sing the songs they hear coming from her room. I'm also very grateful she is one of the older kids. She is such a great help and example to her brothers. Her imagination is so great. She can play with any kind or kinds of toys and have a great time. Her 8th birthday is coming up soon and sometime in April she's going to get baptized. She is very excited about this.

Gavin is really doing well with his alphabet. He is starting to figure out how to put the letters together to make words. It's is so fun to see his little mind at work. His art is so amazing. The detail that he puts in his drawings is amazing. I can believe he is only 5 and doing what he is doing. Preschool is fun for him but some days a bit long. It is 3 hours, 3 days a week. He also has such a great imagination. And has some great dance moves. In FHE we have some time when the kids get to share anything they want. Gavin is always wanting to dance. He is rockin' on his bike with no training wheels. He even stands and pedals. You know what I mean. Gavin has such a great sense of humor. I love to hear his giggle.

Graham has not slowed down at all. But I didn't expect him to be any different. He loves to be the center of attention and usually is. He has more bruises and bumps since really walking. He is such a fun little guy. He is really starting to try to talk and says different words already. We are all just in love with him.

This is an update and also some things that have been on my mind. I'm truly blessed with such a great family. We are excited about Spring Break. My brother Shale and his family are coming to spend the week with us. We love hanging out them and always have a great time together. We get to spend a couple of nights at the coast. Fun times.

8 comments:

emily a. said...

Love hearing the tidbits about your cute kids- they sound like such characters!

Ditto Family said...

Great way to journal!

Lulu said...

Hopefully the weather at the coast cooperates for you guys!

The Shepro's said...

So what is your secret to raising such wonderful kids:) Way to go Mom!!!!!

Meta said...

What a cute picture of all your kids! They are adorable. Fun to read about their interest. We just learned about HS Musical (first from my mom and now a few of Abby's friends talk about it too!)
I forget how much it rains in Oregon - to me it is only a sunny happy place! :)

Chris & Stephanie said...

What a great journal post! I loved hearing more about your kids' personalities! Our kids are exactly the same ages (we've enjoyed the '2 year plan!').
You are such a good mom - every time I see you, you're so calm and peaceful. :o) Your kids will benefit greatly from that!

Kara said...

I think that sometimes people think that when you have more than a couple of kids that the kids kind of get lost in the mix, but it is so obvious that you know each of your kids so well. How fun to have your kids all at different stages. I love the stage that I am at with kids right now, but your post makes me look forward to all stages!

kg said...

Break in the rain, but isn't it snowing now? Good to read the update :)