Friday, February 15, 2008

No more training wheels!


On Monday Gavin shed his training wheels and is now a full fledge bike rider. He was extremely apprehensive and took alot of coaxing. Gavin was very nervous because he didn't want to fall. I kept telling him, he was going to fall but not to worry about it. We all fall off of our bikes. Usually when I ask the kids if they want to go outside, Gavin is the one who doesn't want to be outside. Now he can't wait to get on his bike and explore the neighbor in a different way.
*Yes that is Gretchen's old bike Gavin's riding. Gavin said, "It's okay if I'm riding a girls bike. Gretchen rides a boy's bike and I don't even make fun of her. "

2 comments:

kg said...

Yay Gavin! We have a ways to go at our house.

Look at your GREEN grass, I'm so jealous!

Ditto Family said...

Love Gavin's comment about the boy/girl bike thing! I think Alysee is going to try for no training wheels this summer. Poor knees...