Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Grateful!

This sweet little boy is holding three bears that he has gotten on trips to the E.R. Harrison has gone tot he E.R. twice. But the first time when he broke his arm last September, the nurses liked him so much that they gave him two bears. Well today made the second trip to the E.R. and hopefully the last.

We had the neighbor kids over this morning and I was switching the laundry. I headed into the family room for something. Then heard someone crying and the kids started yelling, "Harrison fell out the window! Harrison fell out the window!" One of my worsts nightmares to hear those words. This is a picture from the window he fell from.
The side of the house he fell in. He and his friend Joe were trying to scare a crow away that was on the neighbors roof. The crow flew away so the boys were trying to see it out the window and both boys were pushing on the screen (something they had been told a hundred times not to do) and out popped the screen and Harrison. He was sitting up when I got outside. So I knew things weren't to bad. I got him into the van and of to the E.R. We left for the hospital at about 11:15. He was moving his legs and toes. I got a hold of Aaron on his way to a meeting in McMinneville. He got there soon after Harrison and I did. Aaron and Kevin Gunnell gave Harrison a blessing.At the E.R. he had a collar put on and a CAT scan done. The scan showed everything to be fine. His muscle were just very tight. We were heading home at 1:15. I couldn't believe it.

Here he is walking down the stairs. He is on Motrin every 4 hours. Which wears off sooner that that. I'm still in shock that we are home and that any of this happened. I'm so very grateful for the power of prayer and the blessings of the priesthood. I'm so grateful for neighbors and friends that stepped in to watch the other kids while I jetted out the door. I have so many blessing to be grateful.

8 comments:

kg said...

Holy cow!! So glad he's OK! What a trooper! I bet you about had a heart attack!

Mama Nirvana said...

That is so scary. I would have been sick! I am SO happy that everything is okay, Cami. Hopefully everyone learned a lesson from this one.

Amy

The Six Sohn's said...

I think we need to put him in a bubble!!! Oh my my heart stopped. I am so glad he is OK! Thank the LORD! Ben says he needs to pick out lottery numbers because his numbers would win :)

Kara said...

Scary... the life of having boys!!

Jamie said...

OH MY! I am so glad that little nephew of mine is safe. I think he needs to be wrapped up in bubble tape before he is allowed to go anywhere else - even inside of the house! Harrison - we are so glad you are okay - stop giving your poor Mom heart attacks!

christa said...

oh my gosh! talk about a parents worse nightmare! Gees Cami, I'm grateful he was ok too! What a blessing! Man, it sounds like this guy may be uping your medical bills till he's 18! I'm glad he's ok, and you're ok!

Ditto Family said...

Oh my! What a blessing indeed. I'm thinking you should put him on Aflax.

Adam said...

oh sure, next you'll be telling me that he's jumping tall buildings in a single bound and shootin' freakin' lasers out of his eyes. Good one!