We are looking into buying a new video camera. The last one we purchased was before we had Hunter, in 1997. The battery doesn't charge anymore and we can't record for more the a couple of minutes at a time. Also it isn't digital.
It has been so long since we have looked at video cameras. We are wanting it to just capture the fun moments in our family. So we are turning to you for advise, suggestions, things to stay away from, brand names or anything that would be helpful in our search. Does anyone have a camera that records right onto a DVD or is a memory card better? As you can see we are clueless. Any help would be so great.
4 comments:
I haven't researched this at all, but hope to be getting a new one in the not-too-distant future, so I'm looking forward to reading what everyone recommends. I do know of one feature that sounds ideal, which is a digital video camera that has its own hard drive, so you are saving directly onto the camera--no tape, no dvd, etc. That way, you just plug it straight in to your computer, and you don't have to mess with storage devices. I assume it's available in various brands.
We have a Sony Mini DV Digital Handycam and LOVE IT!
We need a new one too - we had a Canon that I really liked, but the zoom function broke and would've cost too much to repair. I'm interested in the Sony mini DV one, we'll probably go that direction next.
Not that we have one, but I would go with one that has a multi function. The nice thing about having a memory stick is that you can pull it right onto your computer for editing projects and what not. Also with all the software programs available you can make a DVD usually no problem that will play on most players (if not, update your player). I haven't played around with one that burns directly to the disc yet. That would be nice but I'm not sure if its the best route to go.
Post a Comment