Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Strawberry Picking

The kids and I went strawberry picking this morning at Twedts. We had so much fun. I think that was because we didn't stay long.

And they also helped themselves to some to snack on, especially Harrison. Now it's time to make them into jam. Of course we'll be enjoying some to snack on also. I love all the berries we get here in the Willamette Valley. We are so lucky!

6 comments:

kg said...

YUM! Grant would of been in high heaven! I love Tweedts and have fond memories of family outings and picking sthere...you should post how you make your jam!

Jared and Lydia said...

Oh!!! Harrison you are so cute. What a fun outing and those strawberries look delicious. Save some of that jam for us.

Mama Nirvana said...

This is my first year not making strawberry jam. I have some left over from last year, so I decided to save up for blueberries.

Looks delicious!

Amy

Ditto Family said...

Looks like you have some good helpers! We got o Corvallis next weekend for the wedding shindig--maybe I should save an hour to go pick some strawberries. We are almost out of jam.

Do they pre-weight the kids before they start eating the strawberries so they know what to charge you when you are done picking?

Cami said...

That is a good thought Sara. I'm sure Harrison would have been a couple of pounds.

emily a. said...

What a tease looking at those amazingly sweet Oregon strawberries. We might have to pick some while visiting too!