Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Keepin' Me on my Toes

We've had a busy couple of weeks. The kids have taken turns have a fever and headache combination sickness. It lasted about 2-3 days per kid. Of course they didn't get it at the same time. It has been spread out for the last week and a half or so. I'm hoping that it is gone for good. I have spent many hours holding a feverish child. I'm not complaining. It seems like I don't take the opportunities to just hold my kids as much as I could.

Allergy season has hit. I've been trying to put off the Claritin for a week or so. Today I couldn't handle it any more. I finally took the first of many Claritin for the next month and a half or so. Luckily it doesn't make me drowsy.

This was one of my mother's day gifts- a garden. I love being able to go get things from the garden. Aaron made an appointment for a massage for me and then wanted to get the garden put together while I was gone. He was going to try to keep it a secret until Sunday. That is a little difficult. Especially when Harrison runs out to the garage as soon as I was home from my massage and says, "Hey mom we're planting. It's so fun."

Harrison had such a great time doing the garden. He is still talking about how much fun it was and doing it with dad. Digging is definitely one of his favorite things to do.

Schools is nearing the end. It has certainly sneaked up on us. The weather is getting warmer and the kids keep asking when the pools opening up. Already we're looking forward to those lazy days by the pool.

Graham is starting to say so many words. Everyday there seems to be a new one. It amazing how quickly they grow up. All of the kids are just sprouting.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Sorry about the sickness, it gets pretty tiring when they get it at different times. Hope they are on the mend. Glad Claritin works for you, I never had allergies til we lived in Oregon and Claritin didn't seem to help me. Nice garden, I can't wait until our backyard is finished and we can do a garden too. How's Becky?

emily a. said...

What a sweet hubbie. Your garden looks like it will be a great one!

Ditto Family said...

I certainly don't miss those Willamette Valley allergies. Yuck!!! Beautiful new garden spot!

kg said...

Beautiful garden! What a great gift. Sorry about the allergies!

Foster said...

What a great mother's day gift!! I don't think we are going to get our garden going this year, but I do have one tomato plant in a pot!! Let me know how keeping your kids out of it works. If I do get a garden I am sure Ian and Noah if its next year will pick everything before it has a chance to grow. Maybe Noah will listen better than Ian....

Julie said...

What a great gift! Especially sending you out for a massage while the hard work of putting in the garden is done.